Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Joshua Sings for His Bride and to His Mother's Heart

Yom shlishi, 12 Sivan 5774.

Sigh. I miss this man and his dear family. The hardest thing about being in Israel is the people who aren't.

Here is Joshua Eastman (aka Soldier Boy) covering John Legend's "All of Me." He's singing to his beautiful camerawoman, Chana Eastman (aka Executive Girl). I am sure her heart melted as did mine.



I heard this on my smartphone at the bus stop, waiting for a bus to Jerusalem. I started weeping a little, at this fine voice, at the passion behind it, at the missing of him...


And his baby brother Dani (also known as Sports Guy) came and gave me a hug. "He'll come back, Ema. Don't worry. He'll be back."

Then, as I boarded the bus, Josh called me -- a video call from America! -- on my phone. So I'm sitting on the bus, riding into the Holiest City on the planet, visually chatting with my son who is 6,604 miles away...

Thank God for all of these electronic ribbons with which we can keep ourselves tethered to those we hold dear. How did they manage in the pre-technology eras? It must have been heart-crushing.

See you soon, kids. In the meantime, keep singing to and for each other. As you add light to each other's lives, you will light up the world together!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Now, I'm weeping; how beautiful. I miss them too! xxoo

      Delete
    2. So so sweet...You are so blessed....

      Delete
    3. I never reply but this time I have to:
      Josh's song was beautiful, it made me cry too and I just saw them on Pesach.
      We miss all of you and can't wait for us to be together in Yerushalayim
      Love Sista

      Delete
    4. Thank you Sandra and Paula! Sista, may you and yours and all of ours be Home soon!

      Delete
  2. "The hardest thing about being in Israel is the people who aren't." Egads, am I there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I have to wait 9 months to be able to hear/see this! So difficult. "The hardest thing about being in Israel is the people who aren't." Beautifully expressed, dear Ruth. And highly quotable, I might add. G-d willing, I'll see you and the family very soon. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We look forward to seeing you, too, Love. Looking forward to the right time to share the music. <3

      Delete
  4. Ruti, you have such wonderful boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a mess listening to that beautiful song (which I'd never heard before). Crumbs, and he isn't even my boy! Lovely. He's got some musical talent from his dad I see. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, listening and sharing your thoughts, dear Kiwi. :-0

      Delete